Statement of Faith: Core Beliefs in which there can be no compromise.
- God: The eternal God is one and exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19).
- The Bible: The Scriptures, which consist of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, are the inspired, inerrant, infallible word of God (2 Tim. 3:16, 2 Pet. 1:20-21). They constitute our final authority for faith and life.
- God’s Plan of Salvation: All men are sinners (Rom. 3:23) and, therefore, subject to eternal punishment in hell (Rev. 20:14). However, God offers forgiveness of sins and salvation through faith in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross (John 3:16). There is no other way to escape God’s righteous wrath.
- Christ: Jesus Christ is true God (John 1:1-3) and true man (Luke 2:2-4, 1 Tim. 2:5). As God he has always existed (Heb. 7:3), but he became a man when he was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:34-35). He was born of the virgin Mary (Luke 2:4-7), lived a sinless life (2 Cor. 5:21), died on the cross as a sacrifice for sin (1 John 2:2), and rose from the dead on the third day (1 Cor. 15:4). He is now seated at the right hand of the Father (Acts 2:33) and will come again to judge the living and the dead (2 Tim. 4:1).
- The Church: The church has been appointed by God to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to make disciples, and to teach those disciples all that Jesus commanded (Matt. 28:19-20). God has also commanded believers to meet regularly (Heb. 10:25), to celebrate the Lord’s Supper (Luke 24:17-20), and to be baptized (Matt. 28:29). Those who fall into serious sin and do not repent are to be cast out of the fellowship (1 Cor. 5:1-13).
- Last Things: Jesus Christ will return to earth with great glory and awesome power (Luke 21:27) with the shout of the archangel and the trumpet call of God (1 Thess. 4:16). At that time He will judge all the living and the dead (2 Tim. 4:1). Those whose names are written in the book of life – those who have faith in Jesus Christ – will live forever in glorified bodies in the presence of God and be counted worthy to live in the new heaven and new earth, where there will be no more death, mourning, crying or pain. Those who do not believe in Jesus Christ will be cast for all eternity into the lake of fire and torment prepared for the Devil and his angels.